NAME CHANGE ON U. S. PASSPORT
WHO CAN APPLY
Your Most Recent U. S. Passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years and more than 1 year ago
- You can legally document your name change
- If your passport was issued less than 1 year ago and your name has changed, which can be legally documented, you must follow the instructions for Passport Correction.
- If your name has changed, but you cannot legally document the change, you must follow the instructions for New U. S. Passport Application.
- If your name has changed, but your most recent U. S. passport was issued when you were age 15 or younger, you must follow the instructions for New U. S. Passport Application.
Complete and Submit Form DS-82: Application For A U.S. Passport
Complete Form DS-82: Application for a U.S. Passport (Online Version) .
The US Passport Agency has introduced an Online based application form, this Online style
application must be used in all expediting cases. Failure to use this Online application may cause
delays in processing times. TIP: This Online application has replaced "Hand Written" applications, YOU ARE NOT APPLYING
ONLINE you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application the US State Department web site 'Wizard' will walk you through the application.
The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print (single sided only) and sign (in blue or black ink only) your application.
Note: The application Wizard will ask you to select fees, shipping and processing options. Select any options to complete the form, no payments will be made and options selected will have no effect on the actual service provided by Allstate Passports & Visas. The Wizard is simply designed to assist the general public in calculating fees for traditional mail in applications. A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-82 printed on the bottom left of the application.
Submit Your Most Recent U. S. Passport
Include your most recent undamaged U. S. Passport
Submit Evidence of Name Change
Include a marriage certificate or court order that documents the change from the name recorded in your most recent U.S. passport.
Pay the Applicable U. S. Government Fee
$170 U. S. Government Fee (see the Order Form below for details)
Provide Two Professional Passport Photos
Your Photographs Must Be:
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing your current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Taken without eye glasses
Include Letter of Authorization
Complete the Letter of Authorization for Allstate Passports & Visas.
- Must list your full legal name
- Must have your original signature and date of birth
Include Proof of Travel
Expedited passport services require proof of international departure within 14 days (or 4 weeks, if you require foreign visas). Proof of travel may be one of the following:
- Flight itinerary showing an international departure
- A letter from your employer confirming the need to travel in the immediate future (sample)
Complete Allstate Passports & Visas Order Form
Complete the Order Form indicating turnaround time for passport services, return shipping and payment information.
Ship Documents to Allstate Passports & Visas
For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx. Please mail your complete documents package to Allstate Passports & Visas at this address:
Allstate Passports & Visas
123 Queen Anne Ave. N., Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98109
Tel: (206) 522-5995